Largest, Most Efficient Heavy-Duty Gas Turbine in its Class
This high-efficiency, air-cooled gas turbine leads the industry in 60Hz. Its flexible, cost-effective conversion of fuel to electricity helps you meet increasingly dynamic power demands cost effectively.
- Achieves greater than 61 percent net combined-cycle efficiency
- Serves a broad power range with two sizes: 275 and 337 megawatt (MW) simple-cycle output
- Delivers lowest lifecycle cost per MW thanks to a simplified air-cooled architecture combined with advanced materials and proven operability and reliability
- Reaches turndown as low as 30 percent of gas turbine baseload output within emissions compliance while accommodating wide natural gas fuel composition variance
Least Complex H-class Offering in the Industry
- Avoided complexity and cost of steam cooling + cooled-cooling air
- Smaller footprint reduces shipping complexity and broadens siting options
- Modular components ease site assembly and installation
- Installation requires 10,000 fewer man-hours than our 7F.03 gas turbine
- Quick-removal turbine roof, low pedestal height, and field-replaceable blades streamline maintenance
- 100 percent borescope inspection coverage for all blades
- Simplified dual fuel system uses less water, eliminates recirculation, and utilizes enhanced liquid purge for improved reliability and dependability
Operational Flexibility for Increased Dispatch and Ancillary Revenue
- Fast 10-minute ramp-up from start command to gas turbine full load
- 50 MW/minute ramping capability in emissions compliance
- Low turndown to as low as 25 percent of baseload output in simple-cycle configuration
- Fuel flexibility to use gas and liquid fuels with wide gas variability, including high ethane (shale) gas and liquefied natural gas
Full-Load Validation—We Run the 7HA Gas Turbine Harder Than You Ever Will!
At the heart of GE’s validation program is the advanced full-scale, full-load test facility in Greenville, South Carolina. This state-of-the-art test stand enables us to proactively validate the 7HA gas turbine over an operating envelope larger than the variances an entire fleet of turbines would experience, making this validation approach superior to operating a field prototype for 8,000 hours.
Compare Gas Turbines
Find the turbine that's right for you
Tools & Resources
Let Us Help You
There’s no single answer for matching generation with needs.
Talk with our experts about how we can provide you the best power generation solution to meet your unique operating profile.
* Trademark of General Electric Company
7HA formally known as Frame 7H, 7HA.01, 7F 7-Series, 7F-7, 7FA.06, and FE60.