Flexibility and High Performance Together
In a world of trade-offs, the rugged 9F.03 heavy-duty gas turbine delivers efficiency, flexible operation, and reliability in one proven solution. Its delivery cycle of less than eight months from order to operation gets you up and running fast.
Consistent Performance with Improved Results in Diverse Applications
- Cyclic, mid-cyclic, and baseload operations, rapidly adjustable to meet fluctuating power demands and environmental mandates
- District heating
- Industrial, refinery cogeneration
- Integrated water and power plant, water desalination
- Aluminum industry for smelters
9F.04 … Lowest Life Cycle Cost in Its Class
- Advanced Gas Path (AGP) in the 9F.04 provides enhanced performance with reliable, cost-effective operation.
- Delivers 15 MW of additional output and 0.8% points of improved efficiency in simple cycle.
- AGP utilizes improved materials, cooling, and sealing and is retrofitable to 9F.03 units to enable commonality across installed units.
- Builds upon over 140 F-class AGP installations and over 500,000 operating hours.
- Extended 32,000-hour combustion and hot gas path inspection intervals, with most parts lasting multiple cycles.
Engineered to Respond Quickly and Efficiently When Needs or Conditions Change
- More than 97 percent average start-up reliability
- Low cumulative NOx emissions that meet annual tonnage limits even while operating in cyclic duty
- Faster start times that can speed the entire start sequence—up to 15 minutes in simple cycle, and 20 minutes in combined cycle
Robust Operation During Weather, Fuel, and Grid Variations
- Better availability with closed-loop, real-time combustion system tuning
- More fuel flexibility, up to 20 percent Modified Wobbe Index (MWI) variation in natural gas
- Improved survivability from grid disruptions and load transients
Load Range Expansion, Efficiency, Responsiveness, and Customization
- Larger emissions-compliant operating range; staying online to attain higher dispatch priority; increased available load range for dispatch
- Good emissions citizenship; staying online while reducing greenhouse gases
- Less fuel usage by staying online and avoiding start/stop cycle costs
Enhancements for Reliable Cost-Effective Operation
- 99 percent average reliability
- Improved compressor that increases reliability and availability, while reducing periodic inspections and maintenance costs
- OpFlex* AutoTune, which improves Dry Low NOx (DLN) operability and eliminates firing-temperature suppression
- Mark* VIe Control Platform real-time physics-based modeling that increases overall performance, operability, and reliability
Compare Gas Turbines
Find the turbine that's right for you
Let Us Help You
There’s no single answer for matching generation with needs. Talk with our experts about how we can provide you the best power generation solution to meet your unique operating profile.
*Trademark of General Electric Company
9F.03 formally known as Frame 9F, 9F 3-Series, 9F-3, 9FA+e, 9FA.03, 9351(FA), PG9351FA, 9FA+, 9FA.02, 9331(FA), PG9331FA, 9FA, 9FA.01, 9311(FA), PG9311FA, and MS9001(FA).