World's Largest, Most Efficient Heavy-Duty Gas Turbine in Its Class
The 9HA high-efficiency, air-cooled gas turbine leads the industry. Its flexible conversion of fuel to electricity helps you meet increasingly dynamic power demands, cost-effectively.
- Achieves greater than 61 percent net combined-cycle efficiency
- Serves a broad power range with two sizes: 397 and 510 megawatt (MW) simple cycle
- Delivers lowest lifecycle cost per MW thanks to a simplified air-cooled architecture combined with advanced materials and proven operability and reliability
- Reaches turndown as low as 40 percent of gas turbine baseload output within emissions compliance while accommodating wide natural gas fuel composition variance
Industry-Leading Operational Flexibility for Increased Dispatch and Ancillary Revenue
- Fast 10-minute ramp-up from start command to gas turbine full load
- Up to 70 MW/minute ramping capability within emissions compliance
- Low turndown to 40 percent of baseload output in simple cycle configuration
- Fuel flexibility to use gas and liquid fuels with wide gas variability including high ethane (shale) gas and liquefied natural gas
Full-Load Validation—We Run Harder than You Ever Will
At the heart of GE’s heavy-duty gas turbine validation program is the advanced full-scale, full-load test facility in Greenville, South Carolina. This state-of-the-art test stand enables us to proactively validate the 9HA gas turbine over an operating envelope larger than the variances an entire fleet of turbines would experience in the field, making this validation approach superior to operating a field prototype for 8,000 hours.
Explore the HA's Modular Gas Turbine Enclosure
GE’s HA gas turbine auxiliary systems are pre-configured, factory assembled and tested modules engineered to reduce field connections, piping, and valves. This translates to a simpler installation that reduces field schedule and installation quality risks while improving overall installation times—up to 25% quicker compared to GE F-class gas turbine enclosures.
Let Us Help You
There’s no single answer for matching generation with needs.
Talk with our experts about how we can provide you the best power generation solution to meet your unique operating profile.
9HA formally known as Frame 9H, 9HA.01, 9F 7-Series, 9F-7, 9FB.05, and FE50.