High-Efficiency Hydrogen-Cooled Generators
Hydrogen’s low gas density, high specific heat, and high thermal conductivity enable the highest efficiency generators in our portfolio. Hydrogen-cooled generators use proven technologies and advanced materials to deliver over 98.9 percent efficiency. They are well suited for combined- or simple-cycle applications, on both steam and gas turbines.
Advanced Technology for Reliability and Performance
- GE Tetraloc end-winding technology, proven to maintain mechanical integrity throughout the generators’ operating life
- Advanced insulation technology for greater voltage endurance and armature life
- Upgraded end shield reduces deflection for improved seal system performance, accommodates increased drive train axial expansion, and improves maintenance access to seal oil casing, bearing housing, and mounting surfaces
- Controls with common operator interface and protection system enhances operation, data analysis, and proactive maintenance
Tailored to Improve Installation and Maintainability
- Robust construction with one-piece frame and enhancements for ease of installation and in-service maintainability
- Advanced monitoring, enabled via the Mark* VIe Integrated Control System and automated accessory controls, reduces manual intervention for efficient operation
- Direct radial-cooled rotor and once-through stator cooling circuit, for simplified architecture and easier maintenance
- Parts commonality applied to both the gas and steam turbines lowers inventory carrying costs and enables more efficient outage management
Building on a Century of Generator Experience
- Manufacturing generators for more than 100 years, GE creates advanced technology to boost performance and improve reliability
- Our generator architecture continues to evolve and incorporate lessons learned from a fleet of more than 2,600 hydrogen-cooled generators
- We invest in generator development and validation facilities for improved reliability and availability; Non-Metallic Materials Lab, Armature End Winding and Development Labs, and Generator Endurance Test Stand for full unit cyclic duty and endurance testing
Find the generator that's right for you
Let Us Help You
There’s no single answer for matching power generation with needs.
Talk with our experts about how we can provide you the best power generation solution to meet your unique operating profile.
*Trademark of General Electric Company
Hydrogen Cooled Generators GE GEN-H53, GE GEN-H73, GE GEN-H55, GE GEN-H75, GE GEN-H84, GE GEN-H33, GE GEN-H73, GE GEN-H53, GE GEN-H65, formerly known as H53, H73, H55, H75, H84, H85, H33, H73, H53, H65, 324, 390H, 330H, 450H, H28, 7FH2, 390H, 324, and H26.