Heavy-Duty Gas Turbines
As the world’s largest supplier of gas turbines, we offer a wide array of equipment options to meet your most challenging energy requirements. Discover the best solution to balance your global energy goals and your budget.
POWER THAT FITS YOUR NEED
GE’s heavy-duty gas turbines support simple and combined-cycle operation for pure power generation, cogeneration, mechanical drive, and district heating. With these products, GE can create and deliver ground-breaking solutions for customers, partners, and communities around the world.
High-Efficiency H Class
- Most cost-effective conversion of natural gas to electricity in the H-class industry
- The world’s largest high-efficiency turbine features H-class technology: 510 MW
- First H-class gas turbine in the industry: 235,000 operating hours
- Technology introduced to the industry 25 years ago
- World’s largest fleet, with more than 1,100 installed units
- 50 million fired hours in service
- Industry’s best reliability at 99.4 percent
Reliable B- and E-Class
- Rugged and available in the most arduous climates
- Industry-leading fuel flexibility, burning more than 50 gases and liquids
- Quick installation for fast-track projects
A Pioneer in Gas Turbine Technology
We leveraged more than 60 years of material science from our aviation heritage to get increased performance at high firing temperatures. We were the first to introduce single-crystal alloys and devoted 15 years to developing ceramic matrix composites. These materials provide longer parts life for lower lifecycle costs and higher efficiencies, leading to a cost effective conversion of fuel to electricity.
Additionally, GE is the industry leader in burning unconventional gas. We introduced the first F-class gas turbine to use Arabian Super Light crude. And we invented the Dry Low NOx (DLN) combustion system more than 30 years ago to reduce emissions.
Experience You Can Count On
GE is a power generation pioneer with a rich history and heritage that includes more than 60 years in gas turbine technology and manufacturing.
Half of the world’s installed power base is from GE, with more than 10,000 gas and steam turbine generating units, representing more than 1,000,000 megawatts of installed capacity in 120 countries.
Validation that Demonstrates Performance
We built the largest, most powerful off-grid gas turbine testing facility in the world that demonstrates proven gas turbine operability and performance, before first fire.