Over the last 100 years, GE has delivered more than 1.2 TW of power production capability totaling over 41 percent of the world’s installed steam turbine base. With unparalleled global experience in engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, and services, we are delivering advanced technology steam turbine products to ensure our customers are more profitable, successful and satisfied than ever before.
Solutions to Meet Your Power Needs
GE’s steam turbine portfolio has the breadth and depth to help ensure that your specific site, operational, steam cycle, and application needs are met. We work with you from the earliest stages of your project, through construction, commissioning, and operation to provide a highly efficient and cost effective turbine that integrates smoothly with the gas turbine and overall plant operations.
Experience, Strength, and Stability
A systematic and evolutionary platform approach incorporates best practices and technology improvements based on years of experience. Our best-in-class engineering and manufacturing centers around the world enable us to provide an industry-leading portfolio of steam turbine products.
Advanced Technology Features
High-Efficiency Steam Paths
· High reaction 3-D blade and nozzle airfoils are designed for high pressure (HP), intermediate pressure (IP), and low pressure (LP) steam conditions to achieve industry-leading performance.
· Integral covered blades with continuous contacting surfaces provide excellent damping capability for superior mechanical integrity.
· Nozzle design provides precise control of radial clearances and throat areas to help ensure greater output and efficiency.
· With more than eight decades of welded rotor experience, our designs are proven and reliable.
· Better access for ultrasonic testing equipment translates to higher reliability.
Advanced Sealing Features
· Shaft and tip brush seals, developed in conjunction with our global research organization, improve leakage control when compared to more conventional sealing technology.
· Abradable coatings on stationary seals enable the reduction of radial clearances, decreasing long-term performance degradation.
Shrink Ring Design
· GE’s unique and proven shrink ring design reduces distortion, allowing critical clearances to be maintained and sustaining performance over the life of the machine.
· Compact design with smaller wall thickness provides flexible load cycling and faster startup times.
Family of High-Efficiency Last-Stage Blades
· We offer a comprehensive family of last stage blades to meet your project’s specific conditions.
— Up to 50 inch (1270 mm) for 60 Hz
— Up to 60 inch (1524 mm) for 50 Hz
· Robust mechanical design features enable high reliability.
· Features such as full tip shroud, enhanced tip section with low shock loss, aerodynamic part span connector, and increased root-reaction improve steam turbine performance.
· Advanced radial vortexing improves performance and hood integration over a range of loads.
· Reduces auxiliary startup steam demand and enables the gas turbine to reach 85 percent load in less than 20 minutes for hot start conditions.
LP Side Exhaust
· Available for all D-series machines and enables ground level condenser connections, reduced centerline height, BOP equipment to be located on one side and lower plant construction costs.
Proven Validation Methods
· GE thoroughly tests hardware to ensure every machine meets the reliability and performance standards our customers demand.
· The Low Pressure Development Turbine, located in Schenectady, NY, USA, is a key element out of our multiple test facilities. This test facility uses steam to test our LP designs for both mechanical robustness and aerodynamic efficiency.
GE's two-casing dual LP flow STF-D200 steam turbine and single-casing, axial exhaust STF-A200 steam turbine work well for both 50 Hz and 60 Hz non-reheat applications in multi-shaft and single-shaft configurations.Learn more
GE empowers you with total lifecycle solutions tailored to your desired outcomes. Our advanced technology and service solutions deliver industry-leading value to your products.
Installation and Commissioning
Speed up installation with advanced planning and a skilled team that’s ready to hit the ground running.Learn More
A GE contractual service solution provides the peace of mind that comes with predictive analytics and a proactive partner.Learn More
Steam Turbine Parts
The right parts at the right time. We know quality makes the difference.Learn More
Steam Turbine Maintenance
Best-in-class repairs solutions are cost-effective, properly scoped to your operational needs and optimized to reduce your downtime.Learn More