Controls Upgrade - RX3i
Upgrade consists of replacement of the current Fuel Controller, Sequencer, Chassis, and Software using new hardware and software for RX3i. The system will interface with existing field devices and on-engine hardware, providing core fuel control, package sequencing and protection.
Applicable Turbine Models
- Replaces obsolete 90-70 controller, extending service life.
- Boosts overall performance of automation systems.
- High speed processor and patented technology allows faster throughput without information bottlenecks.
- Allows easy integration of new technology into base system. System integration over multiple platforms allows higher performance and increased controller flexibility.
- Expanded I/0 offering with extended features for faster processing, advanced diagnostics, and a variety of configurable interrupts.
- Control has personal storage and can store machine documentation (Word, Excel, PDF, CAD, & others), to improve troubleshooting and reduce downtime.
- Increase Uptime
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
- Improve Maintainability
How it works
GE IP 90-70 Sequencers are currently nearing the end of their life cycle and will soon become legacy units.
PACSystems* RX3i controller is an incredibly powerful Programmable Automation Controller (PAC) able to replace the GE IP 90-70 Sequencer.
Features a single control engine and a universal programming environment.
The PACSystems RX3i features:
- High speed, PCI- based backplane for fast through put of new advanced I/O or serial backplane for easy migration of existing Series 90-30 I/O.
- Existing VersaMAX I/O can be reused and modified for Rx3i compatibility.
- Open communications support including Ethernet, GENIUS, Profibus, HART, DeviceNet, and serial.
- Supports high density discrete I/0, universal analog, isolated analog, high density analog, high speed counter, and motion modules.
- Integration of control platform, logic, motion, HMI, and high availability