Direct Drive Ventilation Fan Upgrade
Regular maintenance of turbine and generator enclosure fans could cause over-tensioning, over-loading of bearings, and fan failure. The direct-drive fan is a drop-in replacement upgrade for belt-driven fans for GE packages
Applicable Turbine Models
- Maintenance and replacement of fan belts are eliminated, simplifying maintenance schedule
- Startup noise from belts is eliminated
- Direct drive fans have external grease ports for quick and easy access (auto-lube kit optional)
- Improvement in generator enclosure pressure, lessening generator oil leak potential & differential pressure alarm activation
- Increase Uptime
How it works
- The existing belt-driven fans were redesigned to eliminate the drive belts. This was done by moving the fan motor inside of the fan assembly and directly connected to the fan blade shaft.
- Grease fittings are located outside of the fan assembly for easy access when lubricating the fan shaft bearings and the motor bearings.
- Air vents were added to the fan casing to utilize ambient air to maintain adequate motor cooling.
- Existing damper and duct flex
- Existing electrical cables at the new motor junction box
- Existing silencer and hoods