The evaporative cooling system provides a power output and efficiency increase for sites with high ambient temperatures and low relative humidity. The system will cool compressor intake air through humidification, raising relative humidity and lowering the inlet temperature. Inlet air cooling increases the air mass flow rate and compressor functionality, resulting in higher turbine output power and efficiency.
Applicable Turbine Models
LM2500, LM6000, LMS100
- Significantly increases turbine power output.
- Increases thermal engine efficiency.
- PLC integrated controls sample weather conditions every 30 seconds, allowing rapid adaptability to changing conditions
- PLC integrated controls system allows evaporative cooling system to work as a stand alone unit, limiting control integration complexity. Only alarm systems need to be integrated in.
- Adaptable to extrinsic control systems.
- Increase Power Output
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
- Improve Efficiency
How it works
- An evaporative cooling system provides a power output increase for sites with high ambient temperatures and low relative humidity.
- The system will cool compressor intake air through humidification, raising relative humidity and lowering temperature.
- Inlet air cooling will increase the air mass flow rate and pressure ratio, yielding higher turbine output power and efficiency.
- The system consists of:
- Evaporative cooling unit bolted to the incoming air face of the filter house.
- A single bank of evaporative cooling media made of corrugated layers of fibrous material, allowing minimal air pressure loss. Water flows down the channels by gravity. The media consists of 2 modules.
- The bottom module features a sump containing the pump and fill valves.
- The upper module has a drain pan and piping to cycle water back to the sump.
- A drift eliminator to limit water entering the turbine.
- Some units may have the evaporative cooler pre-installed, others will require the filter house to be opened.
- To control the inlet chilling system, GE will provide a modular hardware style PLC.