Fast Start Upgrade
The Fast Start upgrade includes software and hardware modifications to enable the LM6000 to reach full load in 5, 8, or 10 minutes – at the user’s option. NOx water injection is enabled at synchronous idle speed and full SPRINT power requires an additional 30 to 45 seconds.
Applicable Turbine Models
- Reduced start up times help meet peak turbine demands.
- Fast start schedules are offered for three configurations:
- 8 and 10 minutes start - no life impact
- 5 minutes start - possible life impact depending on a turbine assessment of installed parts
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
How it Works
- LM6000 PC, PD, PF, PG, and PH units have the unique ability to reach full power (simple cycle) from a cold start within 10 minutes.
- The current start sequence is modified to reduce overall start-up time, depending on the turbine type.
- Changes to the sequencing software, along with possible HMI and core software changes.
- Modification of the fuel system to comply with current NFPA codes and GE Position Paper PP07.
- Purge time may change based on exhaust configuration (HRSG SCR, COR, etc.).