Fire Protection Panel Upgrade
An outdated fire panel can be replaced with an updated, NFPA-compliant fire protection panel. The new system is mounted in the turbine control panel and monitors gas and flame sensors located in the turbine and generator to detect hydrocarbon-based fires, accumulation of combustible gases, and other potentially explosive conditions.
Applicable Turbine Models
LM1600, LM2500, LM5000, LM6000, LMS100
- The Allestec 800 fire protection control panel:
- Improves fire response notification methods.
- Enables fire alarm and gas detection systems to utilize one control system.
- Comes equipped with multi-alarm notification capability, enabling facility wide and state/local fire department notification.
- Unified single system control panel allows simpler maintenance and calibration.
- The new system is designed to minimize the end user learning curve by simplifying both its installation and operation.
- GE can provide an optional gas calibration kit for sensor calibration, recommended for new combustible gas detectors.
- Increase Uptime
- Meet Regulatory Requirements
How it works
- The existing fire panel is replaced with an Allestec 800 fire protection panel.
- Mounted in the Turbine Control Panel (TCP).
- Allestec 800 system monitors gas and flame sensors located in the turbine and generator to detect:
- Hydrocarbon-based fires.
- Accumulation of combustible gases.
- Other potentially explosive conditions.
- Upon detection of a hazardous condition, the system will perform the following:
- Shut down the gas turbine generator.
- Close fire dampers.
- Release fire suppression material.
- Sound local notification devices.
- Signal outside assistance if enabled.
- Also accept operator-initiated commands.