Gas to Dual Fuel - LM6000
This upgrade provides the capability to run either on gas or liquid fuel, with or without water injection for NOx control. The modification includes the addition of dual-fuel manifolds with water injection capability, dual fuel nozzles, metering valves, shut off valves, liquid fuel boost skid and control system updates as-needed.
Applicable Turbine Models
- Improved versatility of the package by allowing the LM6000 turbine to operate on either liquid fuel or natural gas
- Availability of the package can be maintained in the event of a disruption to natural gas fuel supply
- Increased operational flexibility is introduced with the capability to switch from one fuel to another, even at full load. CDP air-cooling system is required for full load transfers.
- Increase Uptime
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
How it works
- The upgrade includes on-engine, off-engine, and the off-package liquid fuel delivery and filtration skids, along with updated controls software and hardware, to yield a unit capable of operating on either natural gas or liquid fuel
- Main mechanical changes consist of installing all major components and piping to supply liquid fuel from the customer connection (flanged outside of main base) to the on-engine liquid fuel manifold
- Standard package components consist of a fuel-metering valve, shutoff valves, check valves, and fuel return lines
- New liquid fuel manifolds and fuel nozzle tubes are installed on the turbine and the gas fuel nozzles are replaced with dual fuel nozzles
- A gas purge system and a Compressor Discharge Pressure (CDP) purge system is also installed
- Gas fuel is used to purge the liquid fuel system while operating on gas fuel to prevent backflow from the combustor
- CDP air is used to purge the gas fuel system during liquid fuel operation to prevent coking of the gas fuel circuit and prevent backflow from the combustor
- Customers already configured for water injection must replace the water injection pumps with high pressure pumps to properly operate on liquid fuel and meet 42 ppm NOx
- An optional CDP cooler can be added to allow fuel transfers at full load.
- Optional liquid fuel forwarding and boost pump skids are available separately.