S7 Fuel Control Upgrade
S7 is the latest fuel core that enables all previous and new software updates. These updates are designed to improve the reliability, availability, and performance of the gas turbine. The S7 software block change introduces improvements in Primary Frequency Control (PFC) for grid stability, new Dry Low Emissions (DLE) mapping capabiliites to reduce seasonal mapping needs, and additional trip reduction and reliability updates.
Applicable Turbine Models
The LM6000 S7 fuel core upgrade incorporates the following enhancements as compared to the S6 software block:
Trip reduction and reliability improvements
S7 enables the following optional performance improvements:
- Peak Performance with throttle push, up to 5% higher output
- Increase Uptime
- Enhance Operational Flexibility
- Improve Maintainability
- Lower Environmental Footprint
- Meet Regulatory Requirements
How it Works
- The S7 core logic upgrade incorporates all current Software Action Requests (SARs) for LM6000 PC and PD engines
- Optional performance enhancements, such as the <10 min Fast Start, may require additional hardware modifications.