High Flow Online Water Wash Upgrade
This high flow water wash system increases the effectiveness of online water washes by washing the Low Pressure Compressor (LPC) and the High Pressure Compressor (HPC) independently, minimizing the engine performance degradation caused by compressor fouling. By maintaining compressor cleanliness, this system can extend or eliminate the need to shut down to perform an offline water wash.
Applicable Turbine Models
- Maintain performance by not allowing the compressors to foul.
- Increased availability by reducing or completely eliminating offline washes.
- Improve part and full load efficiency by shutting off 8th stage bleed while not operating on SPRINT.
- Increase Power Output
- Increase Uptime
- Improve Maintainability
- Lower Environmental Footprint
- Improve Efficiency
How It Works
- Inject water at front of Low Pressure Compressor (LPC) and High Pressure Compressor (HPC).
- Utilize the LP and HP SPRINT nozzles.
- Add air valve to regulate water atomization through the SPRINT nozzles to optimize water droplet size for cleaning.
- Modify water flow schedules to optimize water flow and droplet size.
- Monitor and wash the LPC and HPC independently based on individual compressor performance.