SPRINT LM6000 Spray Intercooling for Power Augmentation
SPRINT (SPray INTercooling) increases the power output of the LM6000 gas turbine by cooling the combustion air, resulting in a higher mass flow through the Low Pressure Compressor (LPC) and the High Pressure Compressor (HPC).
Applicable Turbine Models
- Increased gas turbine performance: up to 10 MW for LM6000PC turbines and 7 MW for LM6000PD or PF turbines.
- As ambient temperature rises, the SPRINT ® system produces higher incremental output and better efficiency.
- Increase Power Output
- Improve Efficiency
How it Works
- Demineralized water is atomized with high pressure compressed air from the 8th stage bleed port and sprayed into the inlet of the LPC and HPC (if installed). The resulting combustion air cooling increases the air mass flow rate, which results in higher power output.
- Operates on MarkTM V, VI, and VIe as well as NetconTM, MicroNetTM, and MicroNet PlusTM
- The SPRINT upgrade can also include a new broadband vibration monitoring module and updated fuel core software for improved operability and reliability.