Vibration System Upgrade
The Bently Nevada 3500 Vibration Monitoring System provides continuous, online vibration monitoring for machinery-protection applications. This is the latest vibration system from BN that reduces non-critical trips, including noise-driven and transient vibration shutdowns and nuisance vibration alarms/trips during start-up.
Applicable Turbine Models
LM6000, LM2500, LM1600, LM5000
- Reduces non-critical vibration system diagnostic indications trips, noise-driven and transient vibration shutdowns/trips and nuisance vibration alarms/trips during start-up period.
- Virtually every aspect of the 3500’s operation is software configurable making it extremely flexible.
- Easier spare parts management – a single module type can be configured for a variety of functions rather than just a single function.
- Communication between the vibration system and the control system is Ethernet enabled.
- Reduces the number of recommended spare parts and support for customers with the 7200
- Fits twice as many channels into the same rack space as previous monitoring systems, resulting in lower installation costs by saving valuable cabinet space and spreading common components.
- Increase Uptime
- Improve Maintainability
How it Works
- The 3500 Vibration Monitoring System provides continuous, online vibration monitoring.
- The upgrade includes a full-size 3500 Rack available in 19” EIA rail-mount , panel-cutout-mount , and bulkhead–mount versions.
- The Rack Interface Module (RIM) is the primary interface to the 3500’s configuration, display, and condition monitoring software.
- The 3500/15 Power Supply features line noise filters as standard and can be ordered for AC or DC input power, providing compatibility with voltage sources worldwide.
- Individual alarm and danger settings, as well as, instantaneous amplitude readings, are available for each function.
- 3500 information can be displayed by either of the following:
- The existing HMI requiring a software update
- Provide Bently Nevada HMI with 3500/94 VGA Display (an option in BOM)