What Can the EV-Alpha Burner Do for You?
Every power plant owner understands the challenges of complying with stricter emissions regulations as well as the need for operational flexibility. The new EV-alpha burner for GT8, GT11N, and GT13D gas turbines with fuel gas is the result of our continuing research and investment in burner technology.
The EV-alpha burner benefits from the features of GE’s proven EnVironmental (EV) burner, while using the latest state-of-the-art combustion technology. Additionally, it brings nitrous oxide (NOx) performance down to single digit parts per million (ppm) under base load condition.
- Significant emissions reductions down to low gas turbine relative loads
- NOx emissions at upper part load reduced by up to 40%
- NOx emissions at base load:
- GT11N: <10 ppm
- GT13D: <15 ppm
- GT8: <25 ppm
- Unchanged or even improved pulsation behavior during steady-state and transient operations
- Dry operation (no water/steam injection needed)
- Dual fuel capability unaffected
- Enhanced combustion reliability due to improved pulsation behavior