What Can the KA26 Fast Start Do for You?
Get connected and generate power to the grid faster and more economically. With Flex Start for KA26, you can optimize different steps of the start-up sequence, e.g. GT synchronization, combined-cycle startup and GT/ST loading. Addressing each of these three steps as well as addressing shut-down periods via warm keeping (or pre-warming), the Flex Start packages (FS1, FS2, FS3, FS4) allow you to reduce the startup time and associated costs for hot, warm, and cold starts, and at the same time increasing the capability to catch unplanned dispatch opportunities.
- Improve startup reliability
- Improve availability:
- 180 MW within 30 minutes (KA26-1, GT only, cold start)
- 580 MW in 43 minutes (KA26-2, 2x GT only, cold start)
- Reduce startup costs:
- From GT ignition to full CCPP load in 30 minutes (2x KA26-1) provides more than 30% fuel cost reduction
- Reduce cumulative emissions—especially CO2
KA26 benefits and time saving