Desuperheater Redesign and Replacement
In cases of cyclic operation, desuperheaters are often the cause of reliability issues. Using our design expertise and OEM experience, GE can determine the root cause of the problem and propose an improved system. The solution may include repair, replacement with a different design, piping design changes, or operation concept improvements.
- Up to 60% reduction in thermal stresses
- Superior design for startup and transient operation
- Large, separate manifolds to prevent flooding of lower header
Comprehensive Performance Improvements to increase flexibility, reliability, and availability
GE offers evaluations, parts and labor for performance enhancing modifications to piping and pressure parts.
- Material upgrades
- Header or Harp Assembly enhancements for improved flexibility
- Piping system modifications for improved access and flexibility
- Improved drainage
- Elimination of water hammer