What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- Increased engine uptime. GE’s ESM employs a variety of strategies to help protect your Waukesha gas engines, increase uptime, and improve availability.
- Improved engine performance. Factory engineered variable ignition timing is calibrated to enhance operation across all speeds and loads.
- Ease of use. An E-help troubleshooting guide provides step-by-step solutions to diagnose issues and minimize engine downtime.
How We Get You There
GE’s ESM control upgrade includes:
- Engine control unit (ECU) with knock sensors, ignition system, and governor actuator
- Upgraded harness
- Power distribution box
- Pressure and temperature sensors
- Customer interface harness
- Air-fuel ratio control (rich-burn only)
- Speed sensor
Additionally, the ESM upgrade can include these optional components:
- Exhaust thermocouples
- Main bearing thermocouples
The ESM offers a variety of control features, including:
- Start-stop control
- Engine safeties
- Fault logging and diagnostics
- Service tool (ESP) with E-help troubleshooting guide