What Can Upgrading Do for You?
- Longer intervals between overhauls, means more uptime. Up to 60 percent longer intervals between top-end overhauls; up to 32,000* hours on L7042GSI S4 vs. 20,000 hours on existing L7042GSI engines.
- Lower oil consumption. S4 pistons feature increased scuff resistance and three-ring design, which can reduce oil consumption by up to 67 percent, reducing makeup oil cost and catalyst masking.
*Intervals may vary depending on factors such as fuel quality, maintenance practices, and operating conditions. Engine configuration must be verified for upgrade opportunity.
How We Get You There
Three kit options are available:
- Series 4 cylinder head upgrade
Four-flex-head valve technology.
- Power cylinder upgrade
Includes Series 4 cylinder head upgrade, adding pistons and other components.
- Power Boost A power upgrade option offering up to 200 bhp and other features such as Series 4 cylinder head and piston upgrades.
- These upgrade packages align well with top-end and bottom-end overhauls.
- Upgrades can be combined with the reUp program for reciprocating engines remanufactured parts.